- Press Statements
- 2010 NGC
- National Congresses
ANCYL mass demostration to Union Buildings for Fees Must Fall
22 October 2015
African National Congress Youth League (ANCYL) is calling all its members across the country to join an urgent PYA mass demostration that will be led by the ANCYL to Union Building. The ANCYL makes this call having engaged the ANC leadership on the matter that is confrusting our universities across the country. As we all know that the ANCYL has been with students and leading the mass demostration of #FeeIncreamentMustFall, which we have been leading through our structures in the university together with PYA. We as the youth of South Africa are going to the union building to discuss with the President of South Africa possible solution to the matter at hand.
As we go to discuss with the President these are our demands which we are calling for and we are requesting the President to intervene on as the President of State of South Africa.
- We are saying we want no fee increase and we calling for the moratorium on fee increase across the country.
- We are calling for decrease of Vice Challencors salaries as some of them are earning more than Ministers and the President of South Africa.
- We are calling for goverment to pass a law that extends the powers of the Minister of Higher Education and Training to deal with institutional autonomy. For academics like to say they are independent when funding for our education is expected to come they turn to goverment.
- We want the President to instruct university particularly the previous advantage universities to utilize the reserve they have to compensate to the no fee increase this year and the next year.
- We want the President to speak to the private sector to invest in the youth of South Africa by putting in money which will pay for academic studies of the youth of South Africa.
- Lastly we call on all stakeholders to come to the part of discussion that will navigate the route towards free education. For we want Free Education in our Lifetime for Free Education is our tool for Economic Freedom in Our Lifetime.
We are the future no one can stop us, tomorrow is our day to say that there is nothing about us without us. To all the youth of South Africa we are saying come and join this course for this will be something that we benefit the youth.
We are say no fee increase, we are saying fees must fall. To every young person of South Africa, sithi uzoyithola kanjini uhleli ekhoneni. Bantu abasha asiyeni. This is a call of the ANCYL, this is call of the youth. The ANCYL will never be separated from its members and its constituancy.
Aluta Continua # WeAreTheFuture
African National Congress Youth League