- Press Statements
- 2010 NGC
- National Congresses
ANC Youth League demands ANC Intervention in Government failure to act against Apartheid Israel
11 August 2014
Following the overwhelming show of support for the Palestinian cause which the largest march in South Africa`s history on Saturday 9th August displayed, the ANC YOUTH LEAGUE is demanding that our motherbody, the ruling party of South Africa force our government to embark on the following initiatives with immediate effect:
- Withdraw our South African Ambassador to Israel, and the entire embassy staff to demonstrate our disgust with Israel`s genocidal actions;
- Expel the Israeli Ambassador to South Africa whose only contribution of late has been to callously justify how a country can murder 400 children in the name of self-defense;
- Cut commercial ties with all local and International companies that are operating in Apartheid Israel;
- Pass laws making it illegal to buy or sell any goods from or to Israel;
- Pass laws making it illegal for any South African citizen to become a member of the Israeli government;
- Cut all diplomatic, academic, military, commercial and social ties with Israel;
- Institute a travel ban to and from Israel.
In this way, our government must start to act on the will of the people, and take the hard line that other countries that assisted the liberation movements and people of South Africa through solidarity and sanction took.
Our leader, Nelson Mandela, admitted to the role that the UN and world played in our liberation, but point out that it is incomplete without that of the Palestinians.
We as the Youth League of Mandela, the true custodians of his fighting spirit will not rest until Palestine, like South Africa is Free.
Issued by African National Congress Youth League
Braam Hanekom (ANCYL NTT MEMBER) 081 353 0699
Shaka Sisulu (ANCYL NTT MEMBER) 083 423 9171
Dr. Bandile Masuku (ANCYL National Spokesperson) 071 574 4513