- Press Statements
- 2010 NGC
- National Congresses
ANC Youth League Economic Freedom Mass Action`s Night-Vigil in Tshwane will happen at the Caledonian Stadium on Thursday the 27th of October 2011
26 October 2011
The African National Congress Youth League Economic Freedom Mass Action`s vigil will happen at the Caledonian Stadium, which is the corner of Pretorius and Nelson Mandela Drive in the City of Tshwane. The new venue for the night-vigil comes as a result of the decline by the Presidency and Tshwane Metro Police to allow the usage of Union Buildings as venue for the night-vigil due to an understandable reality that it is a National Key Point.
The Mass Action will continue as planned and all systems are in place. Young people from across the country will converge at Bayers Naude Square and proceed to the Chamber of Mines, JSE and Pretoria for the night vigil. The Chief Executive Officers of the Chamber of Mines and JSE will come receive the memorandums in their respective institutions, which will be made public immediately after the official handover. At the Union Buildings, government will send a representative to receive the memorandum.
The routes for the Mass Action are as follows:
Participants will garther at the Beyers Naude Square from 08h00am on the 27th of October 2011 and move to the Chamber of Mines to deliver the memorundum at 10h00.
The following is the route which will be used during the procession:
From Beyers Naude the procession will join
- South with Simmonds Street
- Then West into Marshall (Chamber of Mines)
- Depart from the Chamber of Mines East with Marshall
- Join North into Simmonds and North with Biccard Street
- Then East into Smit then North with Rissik North with Metro Boulevard
- Then East into Hoofd, then North into Joubert Ext
- North with Victioria, then North with Oxford, North with Revonia.
- Then West into West Streets (JSE), then East into Fredman
- Then South into Pretoria, East into Katherine Street
- North with Katherine Street, East into Malboro.
- North into Old Pretoria R101 Proceeds to Pretoria on R101.
- The procession will go inside Tshwane through R101, joining Portgieter.
- Turn right on Proes Street until Hamilton Street
- Turn right on Hamilton Until, and join the necessary streets and routes until Caledonian Stadium.
- On the 28th of October 2011, all protestors will leave the Caledonian Stadium at 08h00 to the Union Buildings to handover the memorandum of demands before 10h00.
Issued by the ANC Youth League